- One heaping tablespoon of NutriBiotic Vegan Rice Protein, 1 lb. 5 oz (600 g).
- Two tablespoons of SPECTRUM ESSENTIALS FLAXSEED,OG2,GRND,ESSENTL, 14 OZ, EA-1.
- One tablespoon of Barlean's Organic Oils High Lignan Flax Oil, 16-Ounce Bottle.
- One organic banana.
- 1/4 cup of 1 Lb Pecan Halves, Organic (Raw)
- 1/8 teaspoon of Natural Tides Medit Sea Salt Fine (12x17.6OZ )
- Eight ice cubes of filtered water (I like my PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Faucet Mount Chrome FM-9400B for filtering tap water).
- Eight fluid ounces of filtered water.
- A quarter cup of filtered water.
- Before you go to sleep the night before you are going to make your UltraShake for breakfast, start the process of soaking the pecans to deactivate the phytic acid that can cause digestive problems (see Why You Should Soak Nuts Before Eating Them for more information).
- Pour 1/4 cup of filtered water into a coffee mug.
- Mix 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt in the water in the coffee mug.
- Put 1/4 cup of pecans into the coffee mug.
- Cover the coffee mug with a napkin.
- The next morning, after the pecans have been soaked for approximately eight hours, do the following:
- Pour the pecans and salt water into a colander to separate the pecans from the salt water.
- Rinse the pecans with filtered water.
- Put the wet pecans into the blender.
- Put one heaping tablespoon of rice protein into a blender.
- Put two tablespoons of ground flaxseed into the blender. So that I don't use two separate tablespoon measuring spoons, I reuse the tablespoon measuring spoon that I used for the rice protein by putting the tablespoon measuring spoon over the blender and carefully pouring the ground flaxseed into the spoon so that any flaxseed which misses the spoon falls into the blender.
- Put one tablespoon of flax oil into the blender. Here too I use the same tablespoon measuring spoon as I used for the rice protein and ground flaxseed.
- Pour eight fluid ounces of filtered water into the blender.
- Blend the ingredients you've put in the blender so far until the mixture looks uniform.
- Add the banana to the blender, then blend some more until the mixture looks uniform.
- Add the eight ice cubes to the blender, then blend some more until the mixture looks uniform and you don't hear any ice cubes knocking around.
- Enjoy your blended UltraShake!
My blender is at least 30 years old. If you have a newer, fancier one, you may be able to blend everything at once instead of blending in steps like I must.
Please feel free to share any suggestions for other UltraShake recipes in the comments section.